About Me and my little blog

Blog Archive

Friday 22 May 2015

Clerkenwell Design week 2015



Darlings, I am simply bursting with inspiration! This year’s Clerkenwell Design Week revealed bundles and bundles of creativity, and I must say, it was their best year to date! Spread over three days, Clerkenwell was well and truly the place to be for all design folk, from interior designers, architects, craft makers to car manufacturers. The streets swarmed with popup installations, open showrooms, food stalls and exhibitions. There  was something for everyone.
Being a resident of Clerkenwell myself, I wanted to get into the mix – as you could imagine, so I pulled out my feather duster, had a quick whizz round our showroom, and rustled up some refreshing elder-flower spritzers to my chums. 

We then took to the cobbled highways and byways of Clerkenwell to take in some the marvellous sights. Heading naughtily to the House of Detention, we found some fabulous emerging designers showcasing their work. A delightful new inclusion to the event was the House of Culture (launched by Icon magazine), which featured a selection of top brands including a colourful room setting in a wonderfully delapidated ballroom by Danish brand Gubi. As always the Farmiloe building boasted a high calibre of exhibitors.
Flabbergasted by the high level of innovative designs, I leave you with some of my highlights, which certainly make me think about redecorating my pad in Dallington St.....or even moving on!

toodle pip x


Leather details

Bold prints

          Patinated artisan finishes  

          Metallic's

Colour - dusky pink

Colour - an array of greens


No comments:

Post a Comment