About Me and my little blog

Blog Archive

Monday 3 June 2013

Creative Clerkenwell

Where the sun was lacking in Clerkenwell the creativity certainly wasn’t during last weeks design festival. For the fourth year running I dusted down my fibreglass knees, put on my pumps and in the interests of keeping you all informed Good Readers, tottered off round ye olde cobbled streets of Farringdon to take a look.

The industrial Farmiloe Building housed an array of leading international interior designers and manufacturers and as usual did not fail to draw a talented bunch. The super fun swing table and geo-shade designed by Duffy London particularly caught my eye and sparked ideas for a fabulous dinner party….
But the fun did not stop there, oh no Dear Reader. In fact this year attracted more newcomers than ever, filling the streets and courtyards with installations and generated a buzzing atmosphere. The House of Detention was jam-packed with cutting edge designs while the Order of St Johns showcased contemporary furniture and decorative collections. Boasting over 60 showrooms and a wealth of creativity, Clerkenwell really is the place to be (thankfully also home to mannequin towers - well could you imagine me living anywhere less inspired … I think not!)
Here are some snaps of my favourite highlights. 


No comments:

Post a Comment